Product Design Manager, Emerging Creative
Los Angeles, CA US
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally.
We are pursuing consumer products and associated promotion because we believe it will drive meaningful show awareness/buzz with more tangible, curated ways to interact with our most popular content and in effect, drive long term revenue. We want licensed merchandise to help promote our titles and build them into franchises so they become part of the zeitgeist for longer periods of time.
That's where you come in. We're seeking someone to lead the creative development of product related assets (e.g. style guides, asset packs, packaging). This will be someone who has strong creative sensibilities and understands how core design assets translate into various product categories.
What you will do:
• Direct external agencies and freelancers to produce a range of creative tools for Product Development
• Review, refine and mediate the application of said packaging and creative assets with the Product Development team.
• Gather reference packets, define color palettes and brand vision for product development
• Present creative strategy to internal teams and licensed partners
• Apply graphic and industrial design trends towards creative and business development
• Be responsible for checking asset integrity from a technical and creative application perspective
• Lead in managing and reviewing cross category packaging line looks and supporting PD in its implementation and evolution.
• You will be a 'hands on' Art Director with no direct reports.
What we need from you:
• 8+ years of creating and directing graphic assets for product development, preferably with entertainment or licensed brands
• Time and project management skills essential
• Creative experience interpreting content from a range of content for a diverse demographic targets ideal.
• Understanding of packaging and product development style guides necessary, understanding its application through various manufacturing techniques is ideal.
• Ability with Adobe Creative Suite, in particular a high level of expertise in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• A portfolio that shows real world packaging development, the creation of style guides and evidence of creative
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site