Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Los Angeles, CA
Director, Business & Legal Affairs (Preschool & Licensing)
With over 190 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our efforts have brought Netflix to virtually every country around the globe, and we are excited to bring even more of our programming to our viewers everywhere.
Netflix seeks an intellectually curious attorney to join our Original Animation Business & Legal Affairs team, with a focus on the development, production, acquisition, licensing, distribution, and co-production of global preschool and children's animated series. The candidate will be a key member of the business & legal affairs team, primarily responsible for negotiating and drafting production services, acquisitions, license and other production agreements primarily for series programming. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal and external business partners, attorneys, producers, and production partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact.
Excellent drafting, creative thinking, good judgment, the flexibility to quickly pivot within a strategy, and the ability to independently make decisions are a must. The candidate must be comfortable challenging norms and finding ways to create efficiencies for this high volume team in order to remain nimble, accomplish Netflix's objectives, and execute the preschool and content acquisition strategies.
The successful candidate will have at least 15 years of broad based, in-house business and legal affairs experience primarily in animation.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast‐paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross‐functionally, think pragmatically and be solution‐oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
The successful candidate will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
This position is based in Los Angeles.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site