Senior Product Manager - Content Discovery
San Francisco, CA
Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is looking for a passionate Engineering Manager to lead the Offer Services Backend team.
Disney+ has grown to 50+ million subscribers in just 5 months since its launch in Nov 2019 and is planned to go live in more countries later this year and continue the international expansion for the next few years. The Offer Services team is responsible for tier1 services in the signup flow for Disney+ (and will soon be responsible for ESPN+), thus having a direct impact on the company's subscription numbers and revenue. The team is responsible for creating and managing these critical services leveraging a multi-region architecture on AWS.
This is a newly formed team based out of the San Francisco office and you will be a key Engineering leader helping drive the growth of the team and building a new Offer Management Platform. You will have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of billing, payments, subscriptions, offers and promotions as our streaming services launch around the world.
As an Engineering Leader for the Offer Management Services team, you will
• Drive the technical vision and evolution of the services owned by the team.
• Lead architectural and design discussions to help the team build highly scalable and critical services in a microservices architecture.
• Work with Product Managers, Product Designers, QA, Support and other cross-functional teams to drive the vision and roadmap for the team.
• Lead and grow the team by hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
• Participate in Agile methodology and SCRUM processes such as Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Daily Standups and Retrospectives with the team.
• 2+ years of people management experience.
• Demonstrated success working as a Senior Engineer/Architect of complex distributed tier 1 backend services in the critical path, prior to transitioning into a manager role.
• Experience working with cloud based deployments.
• Experience hiring top engineering talent and making tough decisions.
• Strong partner and communicator with ability to articulate the team vision and technical concepts to cross-functional stakeholders.
• Ability to take decisions in ambiguous situations and a fast paced environment with constantly changing business needs.
• Excellent motivator driving influence and high throughput from the team.
• Passionate about engineering best practices and leading by example.
• Experience working with Amazon Web Services.
• Prior experience implementing services in a JVM based language (Java/Scala/Kotlin).
• Prior experience in Offer Management, Billing, Payments or Subscriptions domain.