Accountant - Affiliate
VP of Programming Operations is responsible for building solid relationships between the Factual, Lifestyle, JV, and International network groups to energize processes, communications and best practices ensuring creative and operational information is shared in a rapid and meaningful way to support the growth of our global businesses. This position reports to the Group SVP, Content & Commercial Strategy.
• Support Group SVP as day-to-day operational point of contact for DTC programming information, working with the US and International network content teams, network scheduling teams, DTC and network marketing and social teams, PR, Ad Sales, and rights management and systems teams.
• Streamline and maintain processes and documentation for building and tracking content delivery and availability: DTC original & licensed, network borrows & pre-premieres, etc. Maintain constant communication with scheduling, PMD, and other teams to ensure robust and accurate information flow in both directions.
• Provide DTC Programming and Scheduling team with all the information they would need to analyse and determine network content selection and windowing, DTC content deployment, etc.
• Create support materials / documents for internal and external presentations.
• Represent DTC at US & international network operational meetings providing updates and addressing needs.
• Represent Group SVP at meetings and support Group SVP on other assignments / special projects as required.
• Extensive experience in network planning & scheduling and / or operations at a media company.
• Solid understanding of large media television organizations.
• A deep knowledge of and passion for Discovery’s global portfolio and key brands.
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills at a high volume and a fast pace
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills,
• Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative to problem solve/course correct, be strategic, make firm decisions, pivot with changing priorities and needs. Tolerance for ambiguity,
• Personable leader with demonstrated gravitas, professionalism and exceptional responsiveness. Comfortable speaking in large groups; leading meetings.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
• Team management experience
• Preference for in-depth experience with DCI databases: Deal, Workplace, BI, Hive, etc
• Must have legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site