Principal, Creative Development, Advanced Research
New York, NY
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
We are seeking a talented, hard working person for a full-time position in the Multimedia Department. We are seeking an experienced, dedicated Quality Control Technician to join our team. In this position, you will maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, finished products, and recording the results. Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must, as well as a keen attention to detail.
Our environment is incredibly dynamic, fast-paced, and sophisticated. The ideal candidate has a background in video quality control and is extremely comfortable working in Mac OS X.
• Understanding of macOS and Windows operating systems
• QC video assets for video/audio fidelity
• Ability to recognize video/audio issues
• Must have an exemplary attention to detail.
• Must possess strong communication skills.
• Must possess solid organizational skills.
• The candidate must be self-motivated.
• The candidate must have a strong ability to multitask and adapt to new situations.
• A solid computer and technical background, with experience working in new media and online organizations.
• Familiarity with streaming and broadcast media
• Familiarity with Google apps
• Must be a team player, with an enthusiastic, congenial, and committed employee.
• Fluency in languages other than English is a big plus (Dutch, French, Spanish, German, Mandarin, etc)
• Background in encoding audio/video for the web
• An understanding of various video codecs, notably H.264
• Familiar with Atlassian's Suite of products (Confluence, Jira)
• B.A. degree or equivalent