Analytics Implementation Engineer
New York, NY
The Video Technology Group (VTG) develops and maintains an industry-leading OTT video streaming solution and IP for CBS.com, CBSSports.com, CBS News, CNET, GameSpot.com, and the entire suite of CBS Interactive sites. Our team is responsible for the delivery of best-in-class premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company's information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a superb opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, impactful work!
The Video Delivery, Experience & Optimization team is a new team working within the Video Technology Group passionate about using data to understand, improve and monitor the end-user video experience. The team works across the video ecosystem/stack to allow data focused decisions and actions in Encoding, Players, Content Delivery Networks(CDNs), and many other areas. These valuable insights allow all businesses at CBSi to deliver the best experiences for their users and improve user engagement and revenue.
You'll be an integral part of the team, working on building new pipelines/workflows for data collection, storage and processing from internal and external services. You will be involved in discovering meaningful insights and monitoring the impact of experiments and changes made across the Video ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be very familiar with the current state of data engineering/processing and data warehouse/data lake systems operating in modern cloud environments, with an emphasis on Azure.
• Collaborate as a part of a multi-functional team to build a real time video observability platform.
• Design, improve and implement Data Warehouse/Data Lake systems.
• Work with members of the Video Technology Group and businesses across CBSi to determine what and how data should be collected.
• Define data schemas and optimize queries to visualize data.
• Optimize performance of data ingestion from both existing and new sources.
• Partner with Data Science on data cleaning and maintenance tasks.
• Partner with DevOps on monitoring ingestion and query load
• Setup systems and methods for creation of real-time dashboards and recurring reports.
• An improved data warehouse/data lake strategy that includes long-term storage and query access to older data.
• Reports and dashboards for critical video experience metrics for key businesses.
• An alerting strategy and mechanism to help identify and mitigate anomalies, outages and performance issues in video operations across CBSi.
• A custom data visualization and exploration tool used by front-line teams to tackle problems with live video
• A strategy to incorporate machine-learning and AI technologies within CBSi's video analytics.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years developing data processing workflows/systems that process Terabytes per day.
• Familiarity with Big Data tools/products from Azure, Google Cloud and/or Amazon Web Services. (This may include Azure ADX, Google BigQuery, Data Lab, Data Studio, AWS Kinesis & RedShift, Splunk or SumoLogic)
• Experience/expertise in the following:
• Python programming
• Queuing technologies including Kafka, SQS, EventHub, RabbitMQ, or similar
• Transformation of log data and other data formats into metrics that can be used in real-time dashboards.
• Expertise in SQL and developing complex queries across multiple data sets.
• Experience in building dashboards and reports
• Experience with technical writing and design documentation.
You might also have -
• Hands-on experience with the use of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning for processing data.
• Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) and Multi-CDN video delivery.
• Experience partnering with Video Quality of Experience Measurement vendors such as Conviva, Nice People at Work or Mux
• Experience with Audience/User Tracking and metrics including Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics, comScore and Nielsen
• Familiarity with Django, Flask, Rails, or similar web frameworks.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site