Lead Data Scientist
New York, NY US
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal's new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture.
This Sr Product Manager role will have a strong focus on creating an innovative experience of live events and linear programming.
Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting experience.
In this role, you will:
• Lead product strategy, roadmap, and outline / maintain measurements of success for Peacock live event and linear programming across TV, web and mobile platforms
• Envision feature sets for the ultimate live and linear experience across content discovery, search, binge watching, customization/personalization, integrated TV experiences, accessibility, sports/kids/news user engagement segments and many more
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to create the best real-time content experiences
• Translate complex problems into compelling features and functionality that drive consumption and business results
• Prioritize delivery through a roadmap: balancing commercial and customer impact and technical effort/complexity
• Manage senior stakeholders through the full product lifecycle: from definition to go/no-go decision
• Create and deliver exec presentations that explain product features and roadmaps, as and when required
• Help build a product culture at Peacock
What you have:
• Passion for creating innovative and engaging consumer products in the digital ecosystem, with a focus on streaming video, social media, interactive television, gaming, etc.
• Empathy for the user and how to meet their needs and simplify their lives
• Vision to anticipate the ever-evolving consumption trends and an appreciation for TV/entertainment
• Distinguished verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to work with Sales, Marketing, Operations & Engineering Leadership
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate a wide range of detailed information, clearly identifying the pertinent points to determine coherent approaches to problems
• Flexibility to quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
• Enthusiasm to be positive, confident, energetic and display a willingness to lead
• BA/BS degree in a relevant field
• 5-7 years working in a Product Management (or similar) role, developing different products at scale, delivering excellent customer experiences and measurable business impact
• Experience in technology or digital media preferably with consumer-facing products
• Experience in the television industry including business models, trends, and ecosystem of companies that comprise it preferred
• Experience converting business ideas and research into well-thought-out and timely product releases
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Experience with feature A/B testing and validation refinement process
• Experience with multiple entertainment platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, Amazon, Roku) and domains (e.g. TV, Movies, Sports, News, Kids)
• Experience with metrics analysis and rapid experimentation
• Software literacy and comfort with various project management tools such as Asana, Jira, Trello or similar as well as analytics software
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site