Senior Product Manager, Android Platforms
Burbank, CA US
The Video Operations team is responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 17 platforms. Video Quality Assurance is an extremely important aspect of the team's success.
This role will be responsible for overseeing the video QA of every platform for domestic and international apps and sites. This position will oversee/manage a team of full-time and contract QA resources and set deadlines as well as tone and pace for the team. The ideal candidate should be very knowledgeable of the Scrum process and confident in enforcing it with the QA team, making sure they are participating in an impactful way. Video Operations has a large stake in the success of the product and this role is expected to determine the priority of video issues and make sure they are addressed in an appropriate time frame. This candidate will work with senior level management to determine video product and feature launch dates.
The mission as a team is to achieve a premium video streaming experience in line with the leaders in the industry. We are looking for a strong leader who can juggle multiple projects at once and maintain a hard line for keeping the product performing at a high level. The ideal candidate must be able to discern priority and focus resources where necessary.
• Manage video QA team, including the QA roadmap & the teams technology stack
• Work with product owners and team stakeholders to review new features and create comprehensive test plans
• Work with video operations and engineering teams to QA and approve major technology and workflow changes
• Come up with automated video QA workflow to improve efficiency
• Refine the team workflow processes and regression documentation
• Delegate assignments - along with deadlines and ETAs - to the team
• Remove any blockers preventing the team from working
• Relay any important issues and project updates or changes to stakeholders in a timely manner
• Additional other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Scope and develop QA automation to improve testing time
• Build out a QA lab and hardware library to support the growing needs of the company
• Oversee the testing and release of major upcoming architecture projects
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 3+ years of QA management or lead experience
• Bachelor level degree or equivalent experience
• Have worked as a part of an Agile Scrum team
• Must be knowledgeable of ticketing and network capture software, such as Jira, Charles, Wireshark, logcat, etc.
• Experience with testing and pulling logs from a wide range of mobile and OTT devices