Technical Solutions Developer
Los Angeles, CA US
This is an exciting time in the production, post-production, and content-creation spaces. We are entering a period of technology-driven disruption that hasn't been seen in 25+ years since the introduction of non-linear editing. We are creating a culture where the team is encouraged to be self-starters who continually strive to be better and learn more while having fun. A culture where team members are not afraid to fail or try new things, as that is often the quickest path to innovation. Endless curiosity about how things work and a strong understanding of what ''customer service'' actually means are valued traits.
A solid understanding of production and post-production processes, broadcast technology, IT, and agile methodologies is a must-have, along with a sense of humor.
Fox Entertainment is looking for a Systems Engineer to join the Production and Post-Production and Technology group on a freelance basis, filling a critical role facilitating the telling of stories here Fox Entertainment. You will be responsible for supporting the technology of a variety of creative roles here within Fox Entertainment: Editors and Assistant Editors using Avid Media Composer and Flame, Graphics Artists using Adobe Creative Cloud and Cinema 4D, as well as Audio Mixers using Pro Tools – your support of them will span from desktop to network to server.
This role is responsible for delivering, creating, maintaining, and enhancing the infrastructure that brings high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great FOX content to YOU!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Communicate effectively with editors, artists, and other engineers
• Understand and utilize modern production technologies, procedures, and terminologies
• Application support on both Windows and Mac operating systems
• Troubleshoot Avid Media Composer, Adobe Creative Cloud and related software applications such as plugins, encoders and transmission tools
• Management of Avid Nexis, Quantum storage and other related storage systems
• Work within NLE integrated MAMs/PAMs, workflows, systems, and tools
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A flexible schedule is required as work may include nights, weekends, and holidays as the work demands
• At least 3 years of hands-on experience in a similar position, occupation, or role is highly desired
• Experience with Thinkbox Deadline or similar render farm solution, both client and server
• Experience with On-premise and/or cloud-based production and post-production environments, collaborative workflows, and use of applications and tools in these environments
• Experience with virtualized environments such as VMware, Hyper-V and Dell VX Rail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interface with a variety of users
• A desire to raise the collective knowledge of the Engineering team by sharing your experiences
• Proficiency in documentation and use of Helpdesk ticketing systems and knowledge bases.
• Great attention to detail, excellent documentation, and organization skills.
• Knowledge of CATdv, Aspera, Content Agent, Confluence, Jira and Helpdesk software a plus
• Experience with API's, scripting and programming a plus
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site