Burbank, CA US
LIGHTING-COMPOSITING ARTIST (KAMP KORAL)
About The Brand
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others. Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell. Join us!
Overview and Responsibilities
• Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Lighting/Compositing Artist. Extensive knowledge of Maya is required. Strong knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop needed. Nuke knowledge preferred. Lightwave & Harmony experience a plus but not required. Illustration and digital painting skills are a great addition. A good generalist skillset is a big plus. Ideal candidate is approachable and a team player.
• Lighting, rendering, and compositing from Maya based on concepts sent from clients and directors.
• Digital touch-up, sweetening, and paint to finish composites as final art/illustrations.
• Able to work independently using commercial and proprietary lighting, rendering, and compositing tools.
• Able to switch gears quickly onto multiple projects.
• Assist in developing techniques to render the necessary layers with appropriate compositing software and detailed documentation.
• Take direction from the directors to establish suitable work techniques and lighting tools when needed, as well as macros for 2D and 3D software for other team members with detailed documentation explaining tools and techniques.
• Knowledge of and experience with Maya and Nuke software.
• Digital touch-up and painting ability.
• B.A. or B.S. in Animation, or related field preferred, but not required.
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site