Senior Data Analyst, Platform Analytics
New York, NY US
Quality of Experience, at its core, is a measure of the end-to-end performance at the service level from the user's perspective. The QE team strives to quantify the overall acceptability and service experience of an application that is live, in-store, in-market, in production. Leveraging online video analytics, proxy, and automation tools is key to this end goal.
The QE (Quality of Experience) Integration Engineer is a member of a highly motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer's quality of experience. QE Integration Engineer embodies multimedia knowledge in one specific technical vertical (Connected Devices such as Roku, Game Consoles, FireTV and/or Android, iOS, Web) and empowers the team by establishing best practices, standard operating procedures, triage, and troubleshooting techniques. This role is charged with understanding feature specification constraints, as well as implementation details of emerging technologies. A passion for sound and the moving image is essential in order to distinguish between good and bad user experiences and the KPIs that define them.
QE Integration Engineer works closely with various technical teams on the implementation of tools that further enable the QE Team to gather and measure the quality of experience metrics. This role is also responsible for performing capabilities assessment on a given platform with a specific version and a set of hardware/software dependencies. Integration Engineer plays a key role in internally coordinating maintenance cycles and ensuring QE Team is maintaining proper versions and configurations in all environments.
This is a hands-on role that will perform device configuration, administration, and subsequently train/support Quality of Experience Analysts. Integration Engineer is a position that evolves over time right alongside technology. This position maintains a current knowledge base within a fragmented device industry. Integration Engineer is a technology subject matter expert that is an ambassador within Operations and is a technical resource to other departments within the organization.
• Subject matter expert by performing hands-on device capabilities assessments and maintain product feature specifications per device platform; staying current with industry trends.
• Understand and track technical implementation and hardware constraints by maintaining documentation of test and analysis results across platforms.
• Gather requirements and suggest solutions cross-functionally as an integrator between business needs and technology implementation to solve complex testing scenarios.
• Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate.
• Minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience in a Video Technology field
• Core understanding of live and VOD content delivery life cycle – ''glass to glass''.
• Hands-on experience interfacing with Connected and Mobile Devices (Roku, Game Consoles, Apple TV, Android, iOS, etc.)
• Experience in designing and maintaining a matrix of complex documentation
• Previous expertise in working with the third party and device manufacturers
• Technical Project Management background
• Ability to conduct independent research
• Analytical self-starter mindset
• Track record of delivering through ambiguity
• Coding knowledge is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related field
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site