Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Culver City, CA US
Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Funimation (LA)
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries,
Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team. Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a Director, BI & Analytics to join our team. This highly visible role will lead the design, and execution of the overall data and analytics function to achieve a single view of the consumer across all our channels and ensure that all major decisions and investments maximize value to the audience. This candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of digital
entertainment, media and gaming. A key to sustained success is unlocking business insights, which are hidden within the many sources of data we have, and mountains of data we collect every day. This is both a leadership and hands on position. The ideal candidate is a master of data who will do whatever it takes to isolate the signal from the noise and zero in on the critical metrics that will guide Funimation through the next phase of growth.
This role will interface with various business teams, system vendors, senior leadership and other external third parties. This role is a great opportunity to utilize existing technical skills within an entrepreneurial organization.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
• Oversee the data integrity of ingestion and packaging of data that fuels all daily, weekly and monthly reporting
• Develop well-organized and insightful reports, dashboards and other forms of data visualizations to support business awareness and decision-making
• Leading in-depth rigorous end-to-end data and analytics projects (Define Data Structure and System requirements, Conduct advanced analytics & validation, Distill insights, recommend opportunities, and support business implementation and measure impact)
• Proactively interface with business teams to gather and validate reporting and analysis requirements including data elements and report owners
• Complete ad hoc analyses as requested by senior management with the expectation of presenting deliverables to a large and varied audience
• Proactively performing data exploration on user behavior (e.g. cohort analysis, conversion funnel, etc). Analyze product and user data in collaboration with Product & Engineering team to create the best product experience for fans
• Design and maintain workflows to automate data ingestion, validation and report delivery mechanisms with performance standards
• Support the redesign of monthly, quarterly and annual business reporting
• Oversee report and dashboard rollout, user acceptance testing, user training and ongoing support to key stakeholders
• Building and leading a team of data professionals to accelerate insights and impact
• Fostering an enterprise culture and data driven mindset
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience
• Experience building a BI function from the ground up
• Minimum of 7-10 years in data analytics with an emphasis on media and entertainment
• Strong analytical/data/modelling skills, with the ability to synthesize business requirements and questions, source and analyze data, build conclusions and articulate actionable recommendations
• Strong SQL skills
• Good understanding of Machine Learning
• Expertise with Google Analytics, and other Social/App Tracking Tools
• Understanding of Data Warehousing Technologies
• Excellent understanding of analytical methods and regression models, and advanced analytics software (SAS, R, Python and others)
• Experience with relational databases (SQL/PLSQL/Hive) and expertise leveraging large data sets within a data warehouse (Amazon Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySQL).
• Professional experience with visualization tools and report development, dashboard creation, pivot tables, and data analytics. Power BI, Tableau, Looker or similar tools.
• Knowledge of SPSS for data mining
• Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener. You place the success of the company ahead of any particular idea.
• Strong communication skills: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
• Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a project go well. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
• Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Young Bldg
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site