Senior Fullstack Engineer - Media Cloud Engineering
Los Gatos, CA US
At Netflix, we use personalization to recommend great titles to our users.
Personalization Application Core team focuses on building high leverage systems and components to drive innovation in the personalization space. Our team is responsible for developing all the building blocks required to run the personalization at scale. Some of those building blocks are ML-based title rankers, user services (My List, Ratings, Interaction Store, etc.), content experience & configuration, personalization health validation systems, and many more.
Given this is a central focus for our business, you will play a highly cross-functional role partnering with other engineers, product management, machine learning, and data teams to take Netflix's personalization to the next level. We are looking for a strong backend engineer who has an excellent track record in building large scale distributed systems.
If you have a passion for building scalable, robust systems; are interested in pushing the envelope in applying discovery and recommendation algorithms; operate in a critical part of the stack that strongly influences what our customers see on their screens; love working with the latest technologies in a fast-paced, agile environment; and are excited at the prospect of having a significant impact on software that over 193 million people use and love, then we want to talk to you.
Who you are
• You are curious about discovering new and better ways to solve problems.
• You aim for broad, optimal solutions while solving the practical task at hand.
• You seek to make your team and the product you work on better as you go.
• You are willing to take broad ownership of team responsibilities.
• You are excited to work in a multidisciplinary environment (engineering, algorithms, data engineering/science, product experimentation).
• 8+ years of software engineering experience with a proven track record of delivering quality results
• Strong software architecture & design skills
• Strong coding skills, preferably in Java
• Experience with large-scale distributed systems
• Experience with public cloud like AWS, Azure or GCP
• Experience working with ML or ML teams
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• BS/MS in computer science (or equivalent)
Nice to have
• Experience with content discovery, personalization
• Experience with A/B testing
• Experience with big data
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site