Sr. Creative Executive, IMDB TV - Scripted
Culver City, CA
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios' Original Content for Prime Video is available to global Prime members, bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Fleabag, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like Jack Ryan, The Boys, El Corazon de Sergio Ramos, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing, and The Man in the High Castle.
IMDb TV, launched in 2019, is a free, ad-supported streaming video channel that enables customers to watch hit TV shows, top Hollywood movies and more without purchasing a subscription. In 2020, Amazon Studios' assumed creative leadership of IMDb TV - both for licensed content and its push into Originals. The Content and Programming team for IMDb TV is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. Amazon Studios is looking for a Creative Executive who can build on our early success and help define our future.
This executive will be responsible for contributing to the ongoing growth of IMDb TV's Original Unscripted programming, working hand in hand with the Sr. Creative Executives and Co-Heads of Content and Programming to further our ambitions in the AVOD space and with original programming, in general. The ideal candidate is both a strong creative and invested leader with the proven ability to work collaboratively within specific genres, solving day to day creative problems as well as supporting bigger strategic and production conversations.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader who thrives under pressure, and is excited by the challenge of raising the bar for our customers, helping driving growth, engagement and awareness of IMDb TV. They can demonstrate creative and business acumen that has been tested across a variety of creative and business contexts. They will have an entrepreneurial spirit, with extensive experience in building, inspiring and managing a fast-paced content team across development and production, creating a culture of innovation and thinking big. They will be quick minded and have the ability to pivot when required. They will become a strategic partner to other internal teams, specifically IMDb TV Licensing, Business, Marketing and Prime Video, in supporting the Originals team to operate and deliver against goals. They need to be able to stay ahead of competitive trends and find new ways of generating bar raising content initiatives, which drives IMDb TV growth and awareness.
The ideal candidate must have a track record of building relationships across departments with key stakeholders to instigate efficient work flows and influential discussions. Experience and a strong curiosity from a business perspective of creatively interfacing departments including research, marketing, operations, business affairs, legal, finance and ad sales is strongly encouraged. As collaboration is key, they should have a persuasive, clear and professional verbal and written communication style. They must be a big thinker, with the confidence to both defend opinions and collaborate in a highly pressured environment, with the ability to problems solve on a daily basis, with and without supervision.
It is our role to produce Original content and license tv and movies in service of IMDb TV's customers. Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? We're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content and we need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
• 5+ years of series development experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Bachelor's degree and/or graduate degree or applicable industry experience in lieu of degree
• 2+ years at senior creative executive level within unscripted television
• A proven track record for driving high performance content and growth within a world class content company
• Extensive working knowledge of the US media landscape
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proven ability to operate in a highly competitive environment
• Creative thinker with a passion for film, television, art and music
• Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment.
• Excellent story skills.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Creative problem-solver.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Extensive experience managing television development and production
• A track record of increasing and sustaining viewership within the linear and/or AVOD landscape
• Experience at setting and delivering against departmental strategy and goals
• Familiarity with AVOD, SVOD or OTT video services
• Familiarity with the global media landscape
• Proficiency in more than one language
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.