VFX Production Manager
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Supervisor of the motion capture, data collection, and camera tracking systems on set. Responsible for set up of capture systems in a volume as well as establishing workflows with Camera and Virtual Production departments to ensure quality data capture and stream during production.
• Prepare stage and capture systems for real-time capture in a live action shooting environment in collaboration with the Virtual Production Supervisor
• Oversee motion capture system setup, calibration, and operation during shooting
• Ensure quality real-time camera tracking data and the integrity of all captured data
• Regular work with Stagecraft team to verify position and alignment of tracked camera in a volume
• Direct layout of motion capture cameras and makes adjustments in response to changing conditions on set
• Responsible for maintenance of markers (passive and active) and tracking objects for use on cameras, props, occasionally actors, and for set registration
• Work with the camera department to ensure tracking objects and other sensors (such as FIZ logger) are always attached and calibrated, to ensure quality realtime tracking data
• Coordinate camera offset and lens calibration during lens changes
• Ensure recording of motion capture and camera data for each take, keep slate names in sync with production
• Ensure synchronization of timecode between camera, audio and motion capture systems
• Responsible for uptime of the realtime data-stream
Education / Experience
• On-set motion capture experience required.
• Experience with setup and operation of Vicon Motion Capture systems and software.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
• Must be highly computer literate with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
• Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
• Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and live-action film production
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
• Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• Fabrication skills for production and maintenance of tracking objects preferred.
• Familiarity with video hardware and signals preferred.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site