Financial Analyst, FP&A
West Hollywood, CA
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Director of Strategy & Business Analysis will plan and execute critical analyses to identify the most valuable business opportunities for Pluto TV, as well as measure, monitor and communicate key aspects of Pluto TV's business to internal leadership and ViacomCBS partners.
This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer / Chief Financial Officer.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Assessing the business value of concurrently-proposed projects across the company, including a thorough analysis of potential trade-offs, to ensure optimal economic and strategic outcomes as our company roadmap evolves.
• Working cross-functionally (with product, business intelligence, engineering, finance, legal, etc) to deep-dive into important performance issues as they occur, to prioritize, identify, and analyze root causes, and following up to ensure execution of solutions and subsequent measurement of outcomes.
• Leading rigorous analysis of company metrics and associated dashboards in order to monitor business success and to develop insights into areas of improvement/opportunity.
• Assessing various revenue and profitability growth opportunities, including hypothesis formation, performing financial and business analyses, and communication of findings. Examples of opportunity areas include: Improvement of user economics/LTV (acquisition, retention, usage); Product and feature releases; Optimization of partnership economics (programmatic sales, distribution, content; and International growth (working with Distribution strategy).
• Business margin improvement through identification of internal operational efficiencies, streamlining of vendor services, improving vendor economics, and optimizing employee/contractor resources for continued growth.
• Monitoring the health of our growing international business, including working with international teams to analyze markets and economics, and assess potential new market entry.
• Co-owning the creation of timely, clear, accurate and compelling presentations to communicate business updates at corporate ViacomCBS meetings, including board meetings, Senior Leadership Team meetings, earnings calls, etc.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• Over 7 years of strategy consulting, investment banking or similar strategic and analytical experience within an investment environment or corporate strategy role.
• Significant experience with digital media and digital/programmatic advertising, preferably with experience in streaming/OTT/DTC media.
• Significant experience leading teams in developing hypothesis-driven analytics, and in developing high-quality presentation materials to communicate progress and outcomes.
• Superior quantitative analytical capabilities, including Excel model development.
• Rigorous understanding and implementation of hypothesis-driven analytical approaches and frameworks.
• Comfortable prioritizing and leading multiple concurrent initiatives and analyses, and in moving with speed through each.
• Excellent leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to set a vision and motivate cross-functional colleagues towards a common outcome.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proven experience developing quality, client-ready presentation materials.
• Ability to work hands-on, executing analytics and developing related presentation materials directly.
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site