Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY US
Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join the Growth Engineering team.
The team is responsible of backend e-Commerce platform for Disney+ and ESPN+. We build systems that handle orders and payments. We focus heavily on security, availability, robustness and transparency. We are a Tier 1 service that needs to be highly available in all regions.
This team is based out of the New York. We are a fast paced and fast-growing team, where you will have influence over the technical direction and architecture for the services and tools built by the team. You will also have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of subscriptions, offers and promotions as our streaming services launch around the world over the next few years.
• BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5 to 10 years of experience in backend development.
• Proficient in designing and implementing large scale distributed systems.
• Experience working with at least one Object Oriented Language like Java (or JVM variant languages like Scala, Kotlin), Python or others.
• Knowledge/experience with AWS products and services (EC2, S3, Lambda, DyanmoDB, SQS, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudFront, etc.) or other cloud providers.
• In-depth experience working on relational and/or noSQL databases.
• Previous experience taking ownership of features/functionality and delivering projects end-to-end with high quality and robust architecture.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross functional business partners
• Ability to dive deep into any technical component as well as understand and drive the overall systems architecture.
• Previous work with distributed teams.
• Has functional programming experience or willing to learn functional language like Scala.
• Ability to quickly ramp up on new domains and technologies.
• B.S in Computer Science