Manager, Social Media Strategy
New York, NY
NBC Universal is looking for a Social Media Producer for LocalX (LX), a new brand dedicated to telling stories in our local communities that compel our audience to engage and take action. The Social Media Producer will work closely with the digital team to create and manage LX content on all social platforms.
The ideal Social Media Producer is a strong, engaging writer with experience creating unique content aimed at a younger audience. S/he must have excellent news judgment, attention to detail, and organizational ability, as well as a firm grasp of how younger news consumers use existing and emerging platforms. The right candidate has experience working on breaking news deadlines and thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. S/he knows how to identify stories that matter to the LX audience and make them shine on multiple platforms. The Social Media Producer will report to the Digital Director.
The Social Media Producer's responsibilities include creating, scheduling and publishing high-quality, consistent and compelling social media content that speaks to the LX audience. S/he will utilize social media properties to engage users and establish an interactive social media environment that extends the brand's reach and influence. The chosen candidate will use analytics tools to identify trending topics, increase social media effectiveness and track overall performance. S/he will also contribute to overall digital efforts, including content development and coverage.
• At least 2 years professional experience creating engaging social media content for a digital newsroom.
• Advanced knowledge of publishing content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Experience creating content on breaking news deadlines.
• Strong writing and editorial skills.
• Strong news judgment.
• Demonstrated understanding of how younger audiences engage with social media platforms.
• Current knowledge of copyright laws related to social media publishing.
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
• Willingness to take risks and experiment.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing to work at the Rockefeller Center office in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Experience creating graphics for social media platforms.
• Proven success creating and executing social media campaigns.
• Strong understanding of digital audience and analytics.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high-pressure environment.