Intern - International Marketing
Universal Music Group
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
This role provides support to the International Marketing department at Universal Music UK. The frontline international department represents Universal UK’s labels – Polydor, Island, Virgin EMI, Capitol and Decca and their UK signed artists. The role is a 12-month contract.
Skills & Experience
• General administrative duties e.g. answering phones, writing emails, photocopying, ordering couriers, stock, FOC’s, stationery, sending out tickets, updating distribution lists
• Updating weekly charts, collating chart information from all territories
• Ad hoc project support/assisting in the day-to-day running of the department
• Analysing sales figures of artists worldwide and reporting to senior members of the team, labels and UK management
• Assisting with the administration and co-ordination of Marketing Conferences and artist showcases
• Creating weekly streaming and sales reports
• Processing department invoices
• Booking travel for artists and staff
• Helping to co-ordinate artist promotion in respect of schedules and travel
• Setting up Play MPE blasts
• Organising and connecting phoners between artists and international journalists
• Managing promo requests and creating promo schedules
• Assisting in filmed and recorded promo and ID sessions
• Daily updating of Directors “Daily Files”
• Creating presentations using PowerPoint, Prezi and Keynote
• Passionate about music with a desire to progress in the industry.
• The ability to multitask and learn quickly.
• Self-motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a good telephone manner.
• Highly organised with the ability to keep calm under pressure.
• Flexible and able to prioritise own workload.
• Good computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel, Word.
• Experience of working in an office environment.
• Experience working in ‘music’ (personal or professional).
• Desire to work within marketing.
• Photoshop/ Video Editing.
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.