Senior Software Engineer - Device Reliability
Los Gatos, CA US
(Los Angeles or Los Gatos, California)
The Netflix Corporate Engineering organization is looking for a Senior Client Systems Engineer to be part of a new engineering team that will drive the future of systems management across the company. This integral contributor will collaborate with other engineers, partners and stakeholders in the planning, design and build out of a systems management platform that will be leveraged for the management of over 10,000 computers and devices worldwide. This innovative platform will service numerous operating systems, use cases and distinct business needs for a variety of users from Netflix employees to Netflix shows and content creators. The position could be based out of either our Los Angeles or Los Gatos, California offices and will report into the Global Manager for Technology Deployment.
Anticipated Scope and Impact
The Client Systems Engineer will not only help drive the technical design, build out and operation of the future state systems management platform, but this individual will also serve as a highly-effective facilitator for various cross-functional projects with other internal partner teams. The innovative solutions produced will enable our client compute, operating systems, software bundles, and other device management tools to be scalable, secure, and to provide an intuitive user experience for our growing global workforce. The engineer will also be a catalyst for the evolution of this new core function through technical research and continuous innovation. Additionally, we are looking for a highly collaborative colleague who balances individual responsibilities, observes a high level of partner and customer engagement, gives and welcomes feedback, and exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
• Articulate and socialize technical strategy for systems management across various internal partners and stakeholders
• Design and implement endpoint management systems for a multi-tenant and multi-use case enterprise environment
• Collaborate with Information Security colleagues to ensure design principles and implementation practices are well aligned with security objectives and larger strategy
• Architect, deploy, and administer software package deployment tools
• Regularly cross-train collaborators on the operation and maintenance of systems management tools
• Automate workflows to streamline systems management operations
• Author and update technical documentation
• Stay current on evolving and emerging technologies relevant to systems management
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
• Expertise in endpoint management using tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc. in addition to having used SCCM, JAMF, etc. from prior experience.
• Mobile device management using tools such as Intune, WorkspaceOne, etc. for device enrollment, profile management, and applications.
• Package management via Munki, Chocolatey, Artifactory, etc.
• Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience deploying and managing Windows, OSX, and Linux systems.
• Experience automating or scripting in languages such as Python, Ruby, Powershell, etc.
• Understanding of REST API's and how to consume them.
• Understanding of AWS infrastructure, instance deployment and administration.
• Pipeline automation via continuous integration tools.
• Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching (physical and virtual).
• Experience supporting and integrating Cloud and SaaS Applications.
• Experience with Single Sign-on (SSO) integration and OAuth workflows.
• Experience working in accordance to SOX and/or PCI compliance.
• Experience with virtualized desktop infrastructure (VDI).
Your Core Competencies
• In addition to the resonance of our company values articulated within the Netflix Culture Memo, you demonstrate the following competencies in your work:
• Innovative Mindset: You're able to generate creative or transformative solutions that result in improved performance, higher quality and/or increased value; you see ambiguity as a challenge, but also as an opportunity to stretch outside of your comfort zone.
• Problem Solver: You're able to systematically identify and deconstruct issues, obstacles and opportunities and then fashion and implement effective solutions. You have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action within a dynamic fast-paced context.
• Value-focused: You ensure the work you are doing is continuously adding value to your customers and teammates as well as perceiving issues and opportunities that may detract from or increase that value. You measure the quality of your work based on your customer's satisfaction.
• Self-driven: You fully own your work scope, clear blockers and manage priorities effectively without requiring excessive direction. You're a quick learner and you adapt your communication to the context of your audience and engagement.
• Catalyst for growth: You continuously pursue and share knowledge, provide help to others and define clear and measurable goals to increase individual and team contribution. You exhibit an innate desire for continuous growth and improvement.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site