Manager - Site Reliability Engineer, Core
Los Gatos, CA US
Netflix is a global internet entertainment services network that offers movies and TV series. We operate our streaming service control plane along with studio and corporate IT infrastructure on Amazon Web Services at a massive scale. Operating in the public cloud has unlocked tremendous capabilities for innovation and agility, and has led to one of the largest and most sophisticated AWS environments in the world.
The Cloud Infrastructure Security team at Netflix is responsible for securing this environment and protecting our members, partners, employees, and intellectual property. As a cloud security detection engineer on the team, you will collaborate with other security and data platform teams on identifying suspicious activities in our environment while improving visibility and implementing AWS security best practices. You will build reliable tools to automatically remediate alerts and extend our operational excellence around secure cloud infrastructure. You'll find work at Netflix to be uniquely rewarding because of our company culture and your great co-workers.
To learn more about this team, view our talks from USENIX Enigma and AWS re:Invent. You can also explore the team's open source software including Repokid, and Security Monkey.
• You have good cloud security experience with an eye towards finding suspicious activities. You like finding the needle in a haystack
• You have experience with SIEM and data analysis tools like ELK, Splunk, StreamAlert, Kinesis, Hive, or Kafka
• You understand high quality detection engineering lifecycle from dataset to triage
• You write reliable software in Python or another language
• You also have experience in operations such as running and maintaining software, operating a large cloud deployment, or creating and triaging alerts around the health and security of your systems
• You work well with other people, see the value of a team, and partner effectively with other teams and individuals
• You thrive by identifying important work and doing it without explicit direction
• You aim to always be learning new things and share this passion with those around you
We are looking for a thoughtful professional who enables our mission and supports our culture of freedom and responsibility. You can learn more about life at Netflix by watching our security talks or exploring our open source work.