Senior Manager - Data Science, Personalization Insights
San Francisco, CA
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
Data scientists on the Engagement Analytics team are key partners to the Disney+ product teams- conducting statistical analysis, building models, and surfacing insights that enable these teams to create a world-class SVOD experience. As Senior Manager of the Audience Insights team, you will partner with a broad set of technical and cross-functional teams to understand audience behavior through advanced analysis, behavioral modeling, and audience segmentation.
• Modeling & Analysis: Develop models & analyze behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how customers are interacting with the platform and content.
• Audience Segmentation: Develop heuristics, analytic, and modeling-based approaches to describing the Disney+ audience to support product, marketing, and content strategy use cases.
• Performance Reporting and Visualization: Be a partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand how customers are interacting with the Disney+ product and what lens are useful in understanding variance in subscriber behavior. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to derive meaningful actionable insights.
• Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders and collaborate with other data teams to identify and creatively address needs and opportunities.
• Leadership & Mentoring: Recruit and mentor staff to build a world-class data team
• 2+ years leadership experience (includes people management, mentoring interns, technical leadership, and project management)
• Have a demonstrated history of translating complex data sets into clear and actionable narratives and communicate opportunities and challenges to stakeholders
• Experience and aptitude to deliver high-quality solutions on short timelines
• 5+ years of hands-on experience designing, building, and evaluating practical machine learning solutions to solve business problems, preferably in the area of audience segmentation and understanding.
• 3+ years Python (or similar) and SQL
• Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker preferred.
• Advanced degree (PhD or MS) in an analytical field or equivalent experience
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site