Manager, Content Protection & Anti-Piracy
Warner Music Group
New York, NY US
The Vice President, A&R responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
• Evaluate new talent and serve as a liaison between assigned artists and the label
• Recommend new talent, concepts and projects
• Attend live showcases/concerts
• Act as label liaison with the artist once they are signed to the label
• Oversee the recording, production, mastering, and sequencing of artist projects
• Provide creative input and direct on artist's material and recording career
• Find suitable producers, writers/co-writers, sound engineers and recording studios
• Coordinate pre-production and production, mixing, mastering
• Plan and monitor recording budgets for assigned projects
• Keep projects within agreed budget and schedule/timeline
• Evaluate recording and mixing progress for label's artists
• Maintain files/records on all projects released, proposed or submissions denied
• Work closely with other label departments/employees including marketing, publicity, promotion and sales to try to ensure recorded material is commercially successful
• Develop and maintain relationships within industry (managers, agents, attorneys, concert promoters, radio promo reps, retail contacts, trade and consumer press, tastemakers, etc.)
• Manage company's A&R consultants and/or scouts in direction and budgets
• Advise on US catalog exploitation
• Assist in developing broader portfolio of products and services for label (e.g. strategic partnerships, 360 deals and equity touring deals)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in A&R within the music industry with demonstrated track record of discovering new artists that fit with the musical direction.
• Must be able to create and maintain very strong relationships internally (Marketing, Publicity, Promotion, Sales, Touring and Events, Legal, A&R Administration, Release Planning, Finance, etc.) as well as well as externally (artists, producers, booking agents, tour managers, press, industry contacts).
• Hands-on experience required in all the different steps in the recording, production, mastering, sequencing and release of a record.
• Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) and an intimate knowledge of the internet.
• Exceptional communication and time management skills.
• Must be able to work independently as well as be a team player.
• A flexible, proactive, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Must be available to travel and attend evening showcases as required.
• Must understand the artist lifestyle and have great artist relations.