Burbank, CA US
The Video Operations and Streaming team is responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS All Access. Our team is also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day.
We are seeking a Senior Video Engineer who will help drive our system's evolution. The candidate will be an integral part of the central Video Streaming and Operations team, working with other video tech engineers to build and release products for various platforms like Desktop, OTT, Mobile. We are responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS All Access. Our team is also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day. The candidate will also be responsible for doing minimal video quality check, building, deploying and managing video encoding applications to cloud (AWS/GCP).
• Work with other engineers to maintain and evolve our video encoding platform.
• Build out cloud-based microservices to support video processing workflows.
• Set up, implement and maintain continuous delivery and integration strategies across services and projects.
• Manage and automate our asset ingestion pipeline for accepting assets from various ViacomCBS brands and processing them in our CMS.
• Lead the design, implementation of our public Cloud infrastructure including CI/CD, provisioning, sizing, and infrastructure as code.
• Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage.
• Additional other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Evolve and automate asset ingestion pipeline.
• Build out microservices for our cloud (AWS/GCP) video processing workflows.
• Lead/Implement feature development on our video encoding platform.
• Contribute in development of Live Events Manager tools.
• Learn and build out video packaging workflows.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
• 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
• Experience with containers technology and management such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience working with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaS) tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
• Experience with technical writing and design documentation
• Experience in programming languages such as PHP, Python, C/C++
You might also have -
• Experience working with video codecs: H264, HEVC, AV1, VP9
• Familiarity with video protocols such as RTP, RTMP, HLS, HDS, Smooth Streaming
• Familiarity with modern video codecs like H264, VP8, VP9, AV1
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar, relevant field
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site