Baltimore, MD US
Meaningful live and local talk
is very healthy at WBAL NewsRadio FM & AM in Baltimore, a Hearst station.
We have stayed true to our mission for 95 years: a 24/7 local connection and
commitment to breaking news and captivating talk. We are also the home of the Baltimore
Ravens and Navy Football. This is a rigorous search for a dynamic individual,
or team, to host PM drive. Beyond on-air responsibilities, our team is active
on social media and in the community. Our presentation aims to be lively, fast,
riveting and our hosts understand the pulse of Baltimore, Maryland and the
country. We believe you can't spell 'Baltimore' without B-A-L. Your mission is
to create a daily PM drive program that transcends all formats as a ''must
listen''. Be prepared to provide audio samples, but let's start with your
philosophy for local talk in 2020 and your background and life experiences.
Your first step is to apply on-line at: Hearst Television Careers. Please
know your interest will be held in strict confidence. Check us out at Hearst.com…
a dynamic privately held organization with unmatched cable, television, radio,
magazines and newspaper platforms.
• Host or Co-Host of Monday-Friday Talk Show. Be able to deliver opinion driven content based on a foundation of news and fact.
• Make regular appearances on
other programming and special event coverage.
• Have strong knowledge base of both national and local topics/content with a major emphasis on Baltimore, MD regional issues.
• Deliver content to consumers via social media platforms.
• Appears on behalf of the station at public events.
• Past hosting experience preferred.
• Past ratings success preferred.
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
• Flexibility in schedule with an ability to adjust to breaking news coverage.
• Comfort with digital media and social media.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience.
• Military experience and training will be considered.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site