Strategic Planning Analyst
Los Angeles, CA US
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment and shaping the evolution of storytelling around the world. We deliver billions of hours of movies and shows per month to more than 180 million accounts globally, reaching new audiences every day.
The Studio Finance Data Science & Engineering team at Netflix is a talented group of analytics engineers, data engineers, and data scientists who help scale our rapidly expanding Studio efforts (more than $10B content investment last year). We conduct analyses and develop analytic tools, build predictive models and algorithms using machine learning, and develop new data pipelines, all with the goal of creating more joy for our members. Check out this blog post to learn more about the area and some of the problems we're working on, and for more about our broader research and analytics work, you can visit the Netflix Research website.
We're looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer who can help us deliver reporting, analysis, and insight to the Netflix Studio, with specific focus on production finance, budgeting, and human resources.
What you will do
• Facilitate self-service data access and reporting to business users, both technical and non-technical, through data pipelines and scalable BI systems
• Bring consistency and organization to disparate datasets across the Netflix Studio
• Be a thought partner for the business: answer critical business questions about how to grow and improve the Studio using detailed data sets from all of our productions. The hard part: your data will not always be complete and consistent!
• Source new data from new systems and strengthen our foundational data models
• Build high-visibility dashboards and analytic tools to inform studio operations and strategy
• Strike a balance between short-term, ad hoc project work and long-term, strategic initiatives
Who you are
• You are a senior data professional with demonstrated expertise in data analysis or data engineering and experience developing reporting & dashboarding solutions
• You are passionate about innovating in an early-stage, fast-paced data and analytics ecosystem
• You are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive with a high degree of independence
• You have a project manager's mindset and are able to balance multiple projects of varying duration
• You are a strong communicator who enjoys building meaningful relationships with both technical and nontechnical partners
• You are excited to learn about new fields and new technologies, and are able to be resourceful in drawing upon the many tools in your toolbox
What you bring to the team
• Data querying: A solid foundation in SQL
• Data pipelining and warehousing: Knowledge of ETL, data modeling, and data storage concepts
• Reporting and BI tooling: Experience with at least one common BI tool (Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, Qlik, MicroStrategy, etc.) is valuable. Experience with custom viz platforms (e.g., Matplotlib, D3, React.js, etc.) is also welcome!
• Scripting: Aptitude for a scripting language used for data processing and analysis (Python or R are common)
• Education: Surprise us!
You will have the opportunity to impact the business in a meaningful way. You will have the freedom to innovate, solve interesting problems and influence in a fast paced, exciting environment. You will work with stunning colleagues who love to solve hard problems, and who not only expect but also foster high performance. You can learn more about the Netflix culture at jobs.netflix.com/culture.
We celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site