Senior Financial Analyst
New York, NY US
DSS is a global leader in delivering direct-to-consumer live and on demand entertainment at scale. By driving technological innovations in live sports and on demand video, the goal is to give global audiences the freedom to access Disney content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
DSS is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst that will be responsible for compiling subscriber forecasts for both the domestic and international Disney+ service. Candidates will need to distill business trends and performance indicators into financial forecasts with a high degree of focus on subscriber metrics. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, implementing free trial sign-up rates, conversion rates, churn assumptions, and marketing/content considerations, all while being cognizant of the interdependent nature of these inputs.
Forecasts and reporting will aim to provide operational teams and executive management a snapshot into expected financial performance, but will also serve as the basis for ad hoc scenario analysis. Ad hoc analysis will be key in understanding sensitivities around performance and will provide rapid insight into the financials backing business developments. Successful analysis will also require collaboration across multiple cross functional teams, as well synthesizing insights from data to identify the appropriate narrative for both financial and non-financial audiences.
The pace and cadence for change at DSS necessitates an ability to manage multiple projects, collaborate with multiple stakeholders, and roll up sleeves to support this important segment of the Disney business.
• Forecast monthly subscribers including split of organic/paid, conversion rates, churn and blended CPA
• Develop sensitivity analysis on subscriber forecasts with respect to business developments to drive better understanding of financial impact
• Collaborate across the finance team to ensure alignment on key assumptions and understanding of KPIs
• Develop performance dashboards and analyze results to identify appropriate inputs for subscriber forecasts
• Gain familiarity across all the financial planning models for the streaming service, including forecasts around content, technology and paid marketing spend to provide a fulsome perspective on all levers of the business
• 3+ years of relevant work experience with DTC
• Excellent modelling skills with a special talent to defend model assumptions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Very strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
• High level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
• Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and resolve issues quickly without sacrificing quality
• Skilled in distilling insights from data and synthesizing and crafting compelling presentations for executive audiences, both financial and non-financial
• Able to maintain both a rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance