Senior Art Director
New York, NY US
Are you passionate about entertainment, design, pop-culture and the arts? Do beautiful title sequences bring you joy? Have you ever dreamed of living in a Wes Anderson film? Showtime is seeking an enthusiastic and driven creative individual to help lead our design studio. The right candidate will bring a tireless spirit, a bias toward innovation, a highly sophisticated design sensibility, a desire for creative risk taking and a commitment to doing the best work of their lives.
The Creative Director will be responsible for ensuring design excellence for all visual campaigns for our series, films, documentaries, sports and the Showtime brand itself. Managing communications and projects with partners, the Creative Director will set the visual tone for how consumers perceive our content wherever they experience it.
Leading the evolution of a traditional video team to a become a truly multidisciplinary studio will be a core responsibility for this role, The Creative Director will provide leadership and direction for the conceptual development, design and production of video and digital assets for use in broadcast, out of home and digital/social tactics. Your influence on these projects will define the visual identity of the Showtime brand.
The position requires a pragmatic and thoughtful leader eager to inspire multidisciplinary creative teams in a collaborative studio. That said, this is a hands-on role suited for someone who isn't afraid to dig into all aspects of production, inclusive of art direction, design and project management.
• Lead the continued expansion of the creative and technical potential of the design studio.
• Develop and advocate for the visual brand language of the network and network programming.
• Drive new and better ways to collaborate within the studio and across teams.
• Oversee design and animation teams from research through final production details.
• Lead the development of brand systems to be used across multiple platforms and tactics.
• Provide strategic guidance to ensure that design solutions support specific business goals.
• Ensure that teams deliver projects that are exceptional creatively and impeccable technically.
• Collaborate with partners including: Advertising, Marketing and Print to create campaigns that align across platforms and tactics.
• Exceptional conceptual skills and sound strategic instincts
• Deep understanding of design, photography and typography
• Experience building brand systems
• Calm and respectful leadership skills
• Experience directing 2D and 3D animation, live action and still photography
• Experience directing color grading
• Knowledge of digital and social best practices
• Articulate written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with being executive facing
• Ability to manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects across teams
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or closely related discipline
• Minimum 8 years of design and brand experience
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television. The SHOWTIME programming slate features original series including Emmy® nominated limited series ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA, BILLIONS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, THE CHI, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, KIDDING, BLACK MONDAY, THE LOUDEST VOICE, CITY ON A HILL, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, BACK TO LIFE, WORK IN PROGRESS and ON BECOMING A GOD IN CENTRAL FLORIDA. The network's eclectic, brand-defining programming is further distinguished by the captivating offerings of SHOWTIME Documentary Films, including docuseries THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE WILDEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH, Emmy-nominated WU-TANG CLAN: OF MICS AND MEN and THE FOURTH ESTATE and documentary films THE KINGMAKER and READY FOR WAR. SHOWTIME Sports continues to dominate with its flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon's Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV and YouTube TV. The network's authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site