Software Development Engineer II
New York, NY US
NBCUniversal is seeking an experienced Software Engineer for Android who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our news applications. The role is in a fast paced and growing team with the NBC Owned Television Station division which offers a unique opportunity to put your stamp on applications used by millions of our users daily.
• Architect, design, develop and test of the NBC Owned & Operated Stations news applications.
• Collaborate with Backend Software Engineers for the design and development of API web services.
• Aid UX in promoting best practices within Android design and ecosystem.
• Aid Product and Stakeholders to define requirements.
• Self-motivated, productive, and works well even with/without formal structure
• Minimum 3+ years of professional software development experience.
• 3+ years of experience building applications on the Android platform.
• Solid background in Android UI, Android SDK, Android design patterns.
• Solid background writing automated unit tests and working with Jenkins.
• Understanding of multi-threading, application deep linking, services & receivers and data binding.
• Understanding of Java concurrency and memory management.
• Published 2 or more applications available on Google Play.
• Experience interacting with RESTful API and data formats like (JSON, XML...etc).
• Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
• Experience working video-on-demand and/or linear video playback.
• Solid background in OOP and knowledge of software design patterns/best practices is essential.
• Proficiency in Java. Worked with JDK (Collections, Generics, Networking, Core Java).
• Experience using Source Control (Git).
• Passion for mobile user experience and design
• Experience working on-site and off-site teams and management.
• Self-motivated, productive, and works well even with/without formal structure.
• Bonus Points:
• Working knowledge of Kotlin, RxJava2 and/or FireTV development.
• Previous experience in the media industry.