Technical Program Manager III
Bellevue, WA US
Along with rest of the Media world, Discovery is undergoing a transformation to build unique experiences around the world-class non-scripted video content in form of many Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) products on dozens of different platforms. They key to delivering dozens of products globally is a robust platform that serves as the foundation for building the products such as Discovery GO (18 US brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet), Eurosport, MotorTrend, GolfTV, DPlay and many others.
We are looking for a product leader to help lead the global video delivery platform. This person will be a key contributor in shaping the strategic direction of the Discovery DTC business and shape the vision for future of products that deliver experiences around content such as live sports and cooking classes, on-demand video, e-commerce applications around media to hundreds of millions of Discovery customers worldwide. This is a unique opportunity to operate in a start-up environment with a strong backing of Discovery! A successful candidate will lead with an intention to reinvent, disrupt, and build in a highly collaborative and transparent environment.
You will work very closely with various product owners across Discovery that depend upon the video delivery platform for building their products. You will also analyze data to measure and enhance our products and identify new feature ideas. You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms vision into a reality. You must enjoy spending time with clients (internal and external) and other market representatives to understand their needs, and to define innovative solutions.
1. Collaborate with multiple product groups across Discovery worldwide to create and evangelize a cohesive global video delivery platform strategy
2. Understand different product requirements, map them to the global platform features and drive product prioritization discussions
3. Deliver detailed product definition for video delivery platform features
4. Engage with external customers through a variety of channels and serve as the voice of the customer internally
5. Work directly with software engineering teams to execute and deliver on your product roadmap
6. Provide effective written and verbal updates on the product roadmap and key projects to senior leadership and stakeholders
* Bachelor’s degree or higher (ideally in a technical field such as computer science or engineering)
* 10+ years of large-scale production experience in a leadership capacity
* Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results
* A strong technical background with software engineering or technical management experiences (e.g. experience as a technical program manager, lead programmer, or similar)
* Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on projects with developers and software development managers
* Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
* Ability to work in autonomously in a highly matrixed and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organization skills
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
bellevue, washington, wa, blv