Product Manager, Partner Developer Tools and Services
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is enjoyed by more than 160 million households globally, entertaining new audiences every day. Netflix's cloud platforms and internal tools play a key role in making the Netflix experience great. We are one of the pioneers of leveraging a highly scalable cloud footprint to deliver delightful experiences to our members worldwide. The Platform Data Science and Engineering team leads the analytic innovation that enables architecting secure, scalable, and efficient platforms. We partner with our internal platform engineering teams and empower them through intelligent analytic products and integrated models that enable smarter decision making.
We are looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to drive business impact by building reliable data insights and intuitive visualizations that allow our stakeholders to easily leverage data in a self-service manner. As part of this team, you will work on both custom and out of the box data delivery solutions to enable smarter decision-making.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data analytics, metrics, and insights, visualization / presentation, demonstrable data intuition, and share our passion for continuously improving the ways we use data to make the Netflix infrastructure better.
Who you are:
• Passionate about answering critical business questions through data
• Expert in data analysis and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, D3, Looker, etc...)
• Proficient in manipulating large data sets with complex SQL and Python (or other similar languages)
• Experienced in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies (Hive, Presto, Spark, Flink etc...) on large scale data sets
• Excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into data solutions using sound judgement gained through years of experience
• Excited about operating independently, demonstrating excellence, and learning new technologies and frameworks
• Experienced at telling stories with data and communicating to stakeholders at all levels of the business
• Comfortable communicating your insights and contributions to a large set of users across varying technical background
What you will do:
• Define novel and critical metrics for the business, and build and maintain data aggregates to power these metrics
• Rapidly design, construct, and iterate on dashboards and other visualizations to inform decision making throughout the platform space
• Effortlessly manipulate large amounts of noisy data to answer new questions for the team and the business
• Develop subject-matter expertise in the cloud platform domain at Netflix
• Act as a thought partner to the platform engineering team, understand their challenges, and make opinionated recommendations that empower them with data solutions to efficiently scale Netflix infrastructure and tools
• Maintain and rethink existing data solutions to service a wider variety of use cases
• Enable smart analytics by building robust, reliable, and useful data pipelines and data sets that can power various analytic techniques like regression, classification, clustering etc
• Join a stunning team of data experts with diverse skill set, and deliver excellent solutions that better enable our decision-making process
A few more things to know:
Our culture is unique and You will need to be comfortable working in the most agile of environments. Requirements will be vague. Iterations will be rapid. You will need to be nimble and take smart risks.