Knoxville, TN US
Sr. Product Designer (UX)
Discovery is looking for a Senior Product Designer for the Digital and Direct-to-Consumer business for Magnolia, a joint venture partnership between Discovery, Inc. and Chip and Joanna Gaines. In this role you’ll help create delightful, cross-platform experiences to improve the lives of Magnolia fans. Under the direction of the VP of Product Design, this role will lead projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You’ll utilize a full range of skills including wire framing, interaction design, prototyping and visual design to bring these experiences to life.
• Understand the Magnolia fans and their values deeply; always fiercely advocate from their perspective.
• Create valuable experiences that are delightful to engage with and are incredibly easy-to-use.
• Design flows and interactions that are simple and elegant across various platforms (web, mobile apps, connected TV, voice), leveraging customer insights, data and user research.
• Think systematically; streamline interaction patterns across the product yet optimize for each platform.
• Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
• Incorporate UX research tools, data, personas, competitive analysis, and metrics to help shape the user experience
• Think at a high level about creative strategy and vision. Not just how it should look, but what should be built.
• Ensure quality of experience achieves our standards of quality, and remains in scope; collaborate on alternatives when scope or technical implementation challenges arise
• Champion design work to senior leadership for review and feedback.
• Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers, editorial and content teams to oversee the experience of a product from concept until launch.
• Be autonomous. You crave accountability, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
• You have at least 5 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies, designing across platforms (web, mobile apps, connected tv, voice platforms) as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role.
• You are fluent in best practices for cross-platform design, as well as usability principles and techniques.
• You are a relentless simplifier, adept at turning complex processes into intuitive and elegant experiences.
• You are able to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
• You have deep empathy for customers and other humans.
• You see the big picture, yet have great attention to detail.
• Experience with creating journey maps, interaction flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
• You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, with a strong portfolio that demonstrates your digital product and interaction work.
• You have experience working with a cross-functional team across product, engineering, business and marketing to solve difficult problems and deliver compelling products.
• You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
• You have a proactive attitude and strong time management skills. You share suggestions and take initiative for what needs to be done, rather than wait for detailed instructions.
• You’re comfortable working in a fast-changing environment where continuous innovation is valued.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site