Senior Data Engineer, Content Finance Engineering
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is approaching 200 million members with $20+ billion in global revenue annually!
Our Finance department ensures the accuracy of revenue, optimizes our tax responsibilities around the globe, and optimizes our overall finance operations and processes.
Our Financial footprint is growing increasingly complex due to the dynamics of our global scale, our external business partnerships and our product innovations.
In this role within Data Science & Engineering, you will work collaboratively with Finance teams and data professionals to build analytic tools and provide data and insights related to our financial footprint. This Analytics Engineer role focuses on building data solutions and enabling the Finance department to access and analyze data efficiently.
Visit our culture deck and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team. Visit our Research page to learn more about Analytics at Netflix.
What you will do:
• Become fully immersed in the context of Finance, especially revenue management, tax, and procure to pay.
• Partner with Finance teams to proactively identify new analytic projects and determine enhancements to existing solutions to increase efficiency of revenue management.
• Work with large sets of data to build data pipelines and analytics for executive and company wide reporting.
• Fill in the gaps that exist in dashboards and reports by performing analysis, yet take ownership of improving those tools to facilitate self-service.
• Work collaboratively with data engineers, analysts, and data visualization engineers to deliver analytic solutions.
• Work cross-functionally with FP&A, Tax, Financial Applications, Finance Operations, and Internal Audit.
Who you are:
• An engineering-minded analyst with a strong background in supporting Finance teams.
• Experienced at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into valuable tools and perspectives.
• Passionate about data accuracy and consistency for financial use cases.
• Able to multitask and work on multiple ongoing projects, with minimal oversight, documentation, and defined process.
• Confident in taking ownership of impactful projects and courageously make decisions in our culture of Freedom and Responsibility.
• Able to express data through visualizations and summarize your findings in verbal and written form.
Experience you have:
• Extensive experience manipulating and analyzing complex data with SQL ( Presto / SparkSQL)
• Extensive Tableau experience is required, including viz development, complex dashboard actions, and optimizations.
• Strong track record of partnering with finance and accounting teams and familiarity with related data concepts.
• A strong understanding of dimensional warehouse data models is necessary.
• Experience building multi-step data pipelines and scheduling them in workflows is necessary.
• Experience at one or more e-commerce or subscription-oriented businesses preferred.
• Experience using code repositories is highly desirable.
• Experience with Python for data manipulation is highly desirable.
• An understanding of web development with React and Node is preferred.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site