Product Manager, Subscription
New York, NY US
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Our Media Platforms team is seeking an exceptional Product Manager, Affiliate Commerce to participate in the development and product management of a fast-growing affiliate commerce product suite to support both Hearst media entities and the Hearst Media Platforms external customer base. This role will have the opportunity to play a critical part in the development and evolution of commerce services that both drive significant revenue and play an important part in the contextual experience of our visitors and customers.
You will contribute to the development of product strategy through market and competitive research, user engagement, business analysis and problem identification. Ideal candidates strive for big-picture vision yet have the drive and attention to detail to execute with your team. As product manager, affiliate commerce, you will work closely with the commerce product management and engineering teams to refine and execute on our roadmap.
You will work closely across stakeholders including the Hearst Magazines, Newspapers & TV Affiliate Commerce groups focused on developing commerce capabilities create natural, contextual experiences, scale operationally and integrate with multiple platforms. You are a commerce expert with experience in the affiliate ecosystem.
You will be part of the Hearst's Media Platforms division. Media Platforms is Hearst's internal product, technology and design group, which spans both CDS Global and Hearst Magazines. CDS Global is a business process solutions provider that uses its unique data and technology assets to support the entire consumer lifecycle of major publishers
What you'll do
• You will participate in leading at least one Product Line or multiple special projects.
• You will work closely with one or more scrum teams, participating in key ceremonies and driving all Epics, Stories and associated artifacts.
• Participate in or lead the development and prioritization of target customers, end-users, and internal stakeholder needs.
• Participate in or lead the development of strategies and execute plans to drive usage and business value.
• Define and communicate a portion of the product roadmap aligned with company objectives, and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to build momentum and alignment, and shepherd product concepts through execution, validation and adoption.
• Ensure appropriate customer research, usability testing and rapid iteration. Ensure a valuable and productive user experience.
• Document, validate and prioritize product specifications within an Agile/SCRUM development environment.
• Lead build vs. buy evaluations for key integrations ensuring we are investing prudently in core competencies and technologies and partnering where more appropriate
Who you are
• You have 3-5+ years in Internet/Web/Mobile product management, with expertise in managing and/or building consumer-facing affiliate commerce solutions
• You are familiar with the key players in the affiliate business
• You have a proven track record of full responsibility through the product life cycle in a fast-paced, Agile environment. Has shipped highly successful products.
• You can multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to and meeting deadlines.
• You have extensive cross-functional and stakeholder exposure and management.
• You are collaborative, customer focused building trust at all levels, with deep understanding of market and unmet needs
• You are analytic and able to use data and metrics to evaluate success and assess new opportunities
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are able to thrive in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment and adapt quickly to changing needs
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required. An MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site