Consumer Insights Analyst, Random House
*Open to remote candidates*
If you're deeply curious, a skilled writer, think analytically, enjoy telling stories, and like working collaboratively, please apply!
We're seeking a Consumer Insights Analyst to support the Analytics team for Random House. This team translates insights into actionable recommendations for our marketing, editorial, and sales colleagues and has a unique birds-eye view into the publishing process, from the time of a book's acquisition by an editor to when it's in a reader's hands. Questions you might be asked include: How should we tweak messaging and targeting for our second wave marketing campaign? What are the latest consumer trends in X content space? What kind of book should X author write next?
You'll report to the Assistant Director, Consumer Insights and collaborate with the larger Analytics team to analyze data (both qualitative and quantitative) and socialize insights (via reports and presentations) to decision-makers across the division. This particular role is best suited for someone who engages their left brain and right brain equally.
The day to day responsibilities:
• Respond to research requests from internal stakeholders and identify answerable business questions in those requests
• Utilize licensed reporting tools to analyze audience data, online conversation, search and website behavior, content trends, and broader consumer trends
• During analysis, spot patterns and connect adjacent or even seemingly disparate trends to specific titles and content areas
• Distill analyses into clear and actionable insights
• Communicate findings via compelling reports (using visuals and effective storytelling to bring insights to life) and/or informal presentations with internal stakeholders
• Keep tool skills sharp by proactively attending training webinars and testing new features
• You're a wordsmith and can work a room: excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with an aptitude for telling stories through data in a way that's compelling and succinct
• You're a data geek: demonstrated analytical and critical-thinking skills
• You exercise a curious and strategic mindset: you're always asking questions
• You're committed to excellence: attention to detail, data integrity, and quality output are non-negotiable for you
• You've got a high level of professionalism: excellent project management skills
• You're a team player: work collaboratively with a team and always willing to lend a hand
The ideal candidate:
• 2+ years' experience in consumer insights and/or related experience
• Experience working with clients and/or managing multiple stakeholders
• Experience with consumer intelligence tools/databases (Brandwatch, Similarweb, YouGov)
• Enthusiasm for staying up-to-date on consumer trends
• Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, especially Excel and Powerpoint
• Fresh perspective on publishing (no prior experience in the industry required)
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 159406
Aug 4, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpm01x-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.