KLAS / 8 News Now has an immediate opening for a full-time Web Graphic Designer to join the market's leading Creative Services Department. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, creative environment, and be broadly knowledgeable about the latest digital based technologies and trends. Interested candidates should possess a clear passion for design and marketing, coupled with an enthusiasm for community events and local businesses.
With 199 television stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. But we are more than that. We're also a technology company. Along with a broad range of broadcast opportunities, Nexstar staffs a growing and diversified digital media operation encompassing content management and mobile platforms, content marketing, targeted advertising products and strategic digital design and advertising operations. From newsroom to sales to operations to digital technology, joining Nexstar Nation offers unlimited opportunities for your career endeavors. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and produce content including digital media display ads, rich media, video ads and other creative as needed.
• Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that projects are delivered on time.
• Use social media marketing tools to promote and brand station.
• Work closely with Creative Services Director, Sales, and News to create compelling creative campaigns either independently or as a team.
• Respond to inquiries from community event organizers and serve as a key point of contact for the station with non-profit organizations.
• Research new technologies and trends and inform management of changes that are relevant to the company's marketing goals.
Requirements & Skills:
• Associates or Higher Degree in Computer Science/Graphic Design or related field is preferred.
• Understanding of Analytics Management, FTP and Content Management Systems.
• Understanding of Meta Tags, Digital Display, Rich Media Advertising, Video and Email advertising platforms and creative specifications.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and related graphics programs.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
• Video editing skills are helpful.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
• This position may require working nights, weekends, and holiday shifts. Please do not apply if you're not able or willing to fulfill this requirement.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Web Graphic Artist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Web Graphic Designer must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1149m-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.