Booking Production Assistant
Stamford, CT US
• Oversees the daily operations of the Stamford Media Center as it pertains to physical plant and maintenance.
• Scheduling of studios, equipment, office space and post-production suites.
• Tracking and billing for labor, payroll, equipment and facility costs.
• Cultivate new business and oversee quotes and contract negotiations with clients for studio and production services.
• Liaising and coordinating logistics with clients and vendors.
• Building and developing relationships with staff, crew and vendors.
• Ensure that all safety procedures are understood and followed by staff and technical crew
• Process and create efficiencies as it pertains to projects, including purchasing of materials and following up on vendor payment status and invoice tracking.
• Design & direct facility web site and social media updates with SMC digital department.
• Participate in contract negotiations and pre-qualification of vendors.
• Develop and maintain Facility and Production Operations team
• Coordinate with HR and Accounting departments to ensure compliant processes
• 10 + years of production management/maintenance planning in television production or related industry.
• Familiarity of managing multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability & willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays with short notice
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project.
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, Connecticut.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in other areas. Strong team player.
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
• Strong time-management skills
• Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
• Ability to multi-task and be flexible is essential
• Experience managing in a union environment
• Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
• Self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve
• Excellent follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively