Localization Manager, Content Operations
Glendale, CA US
In 2019, the Walt Disney Company launched Disney+, a Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalog that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We're looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
This position will be part of the Disney+ Global Content Operations Originals team the focuses on the localization vertical that supports all Disney+ Originals launches and Marketing needs. You will be responsible for helping to manage the end-to-end localization process for short and long-form content as well as on-service and off-service trailers/promos for Disney+ Original titles.
Through excellent communication, organization, and knowledge of content localization and its associated workflows, this individual will ensure that both systems and localization are optimized, documented, cataloged, and maintained. You will be highly collaborative, have a keen eye for innovation, and be consistently motivated to solve the challenges that come with launching content on a global platform.
• Manage the Localization team for Disney+ Originals
• Oversee large-scale and title level localization projects across a wide range of asset types and languages
• Build strong relationships with our Marketing and broader operations teams inside Disney by serving as the day-to-day point of contact for Disney+ Originals localization
• Track and report the localization delivery status, development, and completion of Disney+ Originals
• Effectively communicate project and title level updates cross-functionally and with our external partners
• Effectively articulate the value of content localization requirements and regional preferences to cross-functional teams.
• Identify and manage risks through prioritization and troubleshooting
• Lead and develop innovative initiatives that that help scale our operational workflows and bring cost efficiencies to the localization process
• Deliver performance insights that lead to actionable opportunities
• Perform gap and root cause analysis of existing workflows, recommend, and lead action plans that will improve our video publishing processes, asset requests, and delivery workflows
• Create best practices documentation to educate internal and external teams on how to best deliver localization materials to Disney+
• Use data and performance metrics to assist with vendor & partner evaluation with the Content Operations, Production, and Marketing teams
• Collaborate with our Systems team to define tool requirements/enhancements to help scale our workflows
• Work on Ad-Hoc projects as needed
• 7+ years experience managing content localization
• Prior experience managing and leading teams in the marketing or localization space
• Solid understanding of consumer expectations regarding subtitling and dubbing in international markets
• A proven track record of identifying tooling and workflow solutions and operational efficiencies
• Vendor-management experience, with a proven ability to set expectations and hold vendors accountable to KPIs, preferably in the Marketing space
• Prior experience leading root cause analysis investigations and creatively figuring out solutions to operational challenges
• Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time
• Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and willingness to pivot as needed
• A collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
• The ability to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact to the business
• Identify and execute on opportunities to improve asset quality and production pipelines for the Creative Asset Fulfillment team
• Define production methodology for new or out-of-band asset types to continuously evolve new, scalable solutions and operational workflows
• Inspire your team to constantly innovate and automate the work they are managing
• A personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company