Senior Character Artist
Insomniac Games is searching for a Lead Visual Effects Artist. The Lead VFX Artist is responsible for managing and developing the visual effects team (VFX). This role works to establish and maintain the high visual standards and project style as defined by the Art Director. The Lead VFX Artist sets an example for the team by demonstrating the creation of art assets through a mastery of industry standards, proprietary technology and tools, and departmental production workflows. They'll have a proven understanding of memory and frame budgets, production schedules and project goals, animation, programming and design concerns. The Lead VFX Artist should understand PBR lighting and material authoring and sets best practices for bug fixing. This Lead also helps implement new production methods to improve the performance and efficiency of their team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works closely with Art Director to maintain quality and style consistent across all visual effects
• Provides direction to visual effects artists for aesthetic and technical considerations
• Creates and animates real-time digital effects elements to meet and enhance art direction, including effects that reflect physical dynamics of natural phenomena
• Works closely with the design and gameplay teams to produce visual effects that support gameplay, accessibility, and the user experience
• Works closely with the Tool and Engine team to develop new or improve upon old technologies to improve visual effect quality
• Works closely with art and animation teams to produce spectacle cinematic moments and support game narrative
• Works with Project Management to maintain a clear and consistent schedule
• Works to develop the skills of other Visual Effects Artists
• Participates in the planning for a project's visual effects
• Works with other departments to ensure that assets are delivered in a timely manner
• Supervise bug distribution and verify bug fixes
• Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are address immediately to foster a safe work environment
• Other duties may apply
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Education and/or Experience:
• Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Expert understanding of Maya and visual effects packages, competent working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations
• Advanced understanding of complex node-based shader networks such as those used in Unreal Engine 4, Houdini, etc.
• Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures
• Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus
• Excellent foundations skills, including composition, design, and color theory
• The ability to work with detailed concept art or reference art/ materials
• Strong traditional painting skills in both stylized and photorealistic styles
• Strong leadership and mentoring abilities and interpersonal skills
• Ability to find creative solutions for technically challenging tasks
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please submit your application below.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site