Miami, FL US
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios is seeking a dynamic, Dynamic, self-motivated Development Coordinator to support the development teams in Latin America. The successful candidate will be able to effectively multi-task; react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround; and efficiently and creatively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the group or other related groups. The candidate will also have great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, have great organization skills and have the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice. The position is located in Miami and reports into the Head of International Originals for Latin America.
Key responsibilities include:
• Organize meetings and events.
• Review pitch materials, writer coverage and provide recommendation
• Act as a liaison to other Amazon Studios departments.
• Evaluate the quality of scripts and offer creative feedback.
• Track writers and directors.
• Create weekly development reports • BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• • Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum of 2 year of development and/or script-reading experience.
• Strong Story skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and SharePoint.
• Must be fluent in both English and Spanish (written and verbal).
• Detailed planning, time management and organizational skills.
• Previous experience as an assistant at an agency, studio or production company a plus.
• Previous experience working as a story analyst, story editor, or in film development a plus.
• Strong knowledge of film industry trends and players.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Creative problem-solver.
• Web-savvy: familiar with online video environment.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site