Talent Acquisition Coordinator
New York, NY
The employee benefits coordinator position assists employees with benefits enrollment and questions, helps to manage insurance billing, maintains employee database and files, and assists with payroll processing.
• Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
• Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits self-enrollment system.
• Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
• Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit claims.
• Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
• Administer COBRA.
• Process all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA
• Coordinate workers' compensation claims with third-party administrator. Follow up on claims.
• Assist HR manager in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans that benefit the company.
• Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
• Prepare and maintain biweekly employee reports, new-hire and absentee reports. Maintain and update company organizational charts, phone directory and other requested reports as needed.
• Assist team in completing benefits compliance reporting requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Critical Evaluation.
• Ethical Practice.
• Relationship Management
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance
Education and Experience
• Two to four years of experience in benefits administration or related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Demonstrated experience with MS Office products, particularly Excel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.