Breaking News Editor
New York, NY
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
We're seeking an experienced breaking news reporter to join the NBC News Digital Breaking News team.
In this position, you join an established team of breaking news reporters and. The role of the team is to cover a wide variety of breaking news stories as they happen - including natural disasters, crime, lawsuits, cultural events, celebrity news, science developments and health studies, business news, and viral social media posts.
The right candidate will be adept at handling a variety of breaking news stories and have experience working under extremely tight deadlines in a high-pressure atmosphere. We are also looking for someone who can move a breaking news story forward and think of creative ways to stand out in such a competitive space.
You'll make sure that the stories you're writing have the best photos, videos and other elements to provide context to a reader as a story is developing. The position will report to the lead breaking news editor.
This position is open to applicants based outside of New York.
• Actively monitor sources of breaking news (Dataminr, Twitter, wires, internal communications) and be prepared to jump on news seconds after it happens.
• Expertise writing SEO headlines.
• Writing clean, fast and accurate copy, headlines and photo and video captions.
• Communicating with a team of other reporters and editors.
• Make full use of the range of NBC News resources, including network newsgathering and multimedia.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years professional work experience – ideally in a
newsroom or news environment
• Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding,
• Must be a skilled reporter with outstanding
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site