KMTR NewsSource 16 in Eugene, Oregon has an immediate opening for a high-energy, aggressive, creative and hard-working Meteorologist for our evening newscast. You will be responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will work as a member of our main evening news team. The person in this position will deliver the daily weather forecasts, record forecasts for multiple broadcast and digital platforms, as well as our media partners. You will also issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
• Forecasting and Presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
• Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
• Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
• Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
• Must work well in a team environment and have excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
• In Depth Knowledge of forecasting
• Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing skills
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• 2 years' experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site