Business Intelligence Engineer
We're EA-the world's leading video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. W e entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team plays a critical role in providing strategic partnership to leaders across EA. We achieve this through effectively engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to help drive EA's current and future performance.
Located in Austin, Texas, this Senior Financial Analyst reports into the FP&A Manager for the CFO/COO organizations including Worldwide Customer Experience (WWCE) and will provide an excellent opportunity to be a collaborative business partner and trusted advisor for WWCE. The WWCE organization is where we are on a mission to make EA known for taking care of players by delivering signature help experiences that drive engagement in our games, services, and the Player Network. WWCE is a large multinational organization made up of players taking care of players and people talking to people – whenever, wherever, and however they need us. WWCE Finance is a key partner in WWCE's success.
What You'll Do:
• Business Partnering
• Partnerships with WWCE will range from the VP/Director to Ops analyst levels
• Drive and assist the teams to provide timely and accurate reporting & analysis to assist with decision making and value creation
• Compile and analyze financial reports, identifying discrepancies that require management's attention
• Prepare and lead business reviews for leaders focused on the story (not just data) with clear insights and actionable presentation material
• Drive results by partnering on business-related projects such as modeling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics
• Financial Close, Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis
• Responsible for WWCE forecasting, forecast alignment, spend tracking, monthly close activities, purchase order approvals, and headcount management for WWCE
• Partner with the Accounting group to manage Close deliverables, timelines, process and reporting
• Drive FP&A Excellence
• Identify areas for continuous improvement, standardization and automation of forecasting and reporting
• Challenge status quo and provide alternative solutions
• Ensure compliance with EA's policies and procedures.
• Ad Hoc – projects as necessary. Examples include driving process improvements across both business partners and finance partners, scenario analysis.
Who You Are:
• Highly-motivated, passionate self-starter
• Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high degree of change
• Ability to work with ambiguity and independence
• A team player able to work collaboratively, within the group and cross-functionally across business units/functions as a thought leader and partner
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills
• BS degree in Finance/Accounting
• 3-5 years of experience required
• Demonstrated proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
• MBA preferred
• Familiarity with customer support preferred
• Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy on work output.
• Experience with budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
• Analytical and critical thinking/creative problem-solving skills.
• Strong initiative and desire to drive change and enhance processes. Ability to proactively identify business risks and opportunities.
• Proactive, Detailed, and task management skills.
• Effective when working independently and as a team player who can work collaboratively within a group and across divisions/functions.
• Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills (cross-functional team environments).
• Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint expertise required, familiarity with Hyperion Essbase, Tableau and Oracle preferred
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site