Vancouver, BC CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Vancouver finance team. This position will play a vital role in financial planning by creating forecasts and taking part in accounting and tax. Ultimately, this role will be the primary provider of financial support and analyses to several local teams and the accounting function.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Develop and track capital expenditures; own the budget approval process of local capital expense requests
• Monthly check-ins with departmental clients to review their expenditures versus budget
• Participate in month-end close by providing budget variance analyses
• Complete creation and maintenance of Oracle Projects module (e.g., creating new project numbers, maintain task structures)
• Respond to inquiries from all levels of ILM and divisional management regarding plans/forecasts and financial performance.
• Support the department’s efforts to improve efficiency of processes and systems, and the timeliness and relevance of deliverables
• Assist in the continued development of recurring and ad-hoc financial presentations
• Perform month end multi-currency calculations including revenue recognition, deferred revenue, production incentive accruals, intercompany revenue, vacation accrual, and quarterly tax provision
• Work with the tax compliance vendor(s) to ensure timely filing of tax returns and production credits. Track accreditation progress for federal & provincial production credit claims
• Proactively prepare supporting documentation for audits
• Enforce financial policies and controls
• Prepare support for monthly GST filings
• Perform special projects and ad-hoc analyses as needed
Reports to the Director, Finance & Production Accounting and works closely with the Finance team, local department managers and executives. Manages the Finance Assistant.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA designation required
• 5-7 years in Finance or Accounting with 5+ years of financial analysis experience
• Demonstrated organizational skills; and able to remain flexible and adaptable while working under tight deadlines
• Deep understanding and experience in forecasting, planning and solid understanding of financial statements and modeling
• Proven time management and multiple task management capabilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Ability to prioritize work and attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, involving complex issues in a fast-paced, unpredictable, ambiguous environment
• Ability to manage extremely detailed, highly complex financial models
• Oracle Projects/Cognos TM1 experience
• Advanced Excel skills