Lighting Artist (Star Wars Team)
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! Learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We're looking for a highly skilled Lighting Artist who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who is both knowledgeable and passionate about creating visually stunning lighting of characters and environments.
What you'll do…
• Effectively and efficiently lighting levels using Unreal Engine 4.
• Proactively work with Art Directors and Level Artists to establish the lighting and post process effects such as camera exposure, atmosphere, color correction, bloom, etc.
• Understand how lighting affects game design and the player experience.
• Champion the lighting of the player and player path as well as artistically creating a visually interesting scene that fits into the style of the game universe.
• Work with concept art to establish the lighting and mood of a scene.
• Help improve lighting standards and documentation that can be shared and learned by the entire team.
• Facilitate requests from Design, Art, Engineering and QA.
Ideally, you will have…
• 3+ years professional game development experience as a Lighting Artist. Record of success creating art for AAA titles preferred.
• Shipped game(s) as a Lighting Artist preferred (from concept to ship).
• Mastery in lighting fundamentals: how lighting affects mood, gameplay, and frame rate in real-time environments.
• Good working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 is a major plus.
• Proficiency in software such as Maya, Photoshop, Perforce etc.
• Demonstrable expert level understanding of physically based materials and workflow.
• Demonstrable expert level understanding of physically based lighting and real-world dynamic range.
• Expert level understanding of photography, composition, color correction and post effects.
• Strong understanding of global illumination and ray tracing techniques.
• Proficiency in level art generation in regards to real-time lighting techniques such as materials, light probes, occlusion, etc.
• Effective time management and communication skills.
• Passion for making and playing games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.