New York, NY US
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
Director of Data Science (Statistical Learning)
As part of the Direct-to-Consumer Decision Sciences team, the Director of Data Science will be responsible for creating analytical solutions for multiple verticals of Peacock video streaming service including but not limited to customer journey and CRM, automated marketing, personalized advertisement, commerce and revenue optimization.
In this role, the Director of Data Science will manage a team of data scientists in the design and execution of advanced statistical and machine learning methodologies including Bayesian Statistical Methods, Ensemble learning, Deep learning, Reinforcement learning, Auto ML etc. and lead collaboration with business owners and engineering team to build a state-of-the-art Peacock data science framework.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build and manage a high-performance team of data scientists.
• Lead the team in the development of an analytical framework using statistical, machine learning and data mining methodologies.
• Serve as the team expert in statistical inference, advanced statistical learning, Bayesian analysis, and other areas of mathematical statistics
• Work with business stakeholders to define priorities, approaches and business requirements for the analytical solutions.
• Drive the collection and manipulation of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
• Manage multiple priorities across business verticals and machine learning lifecycle projects.
• Translate complex problems and solutions to all levels of the organization.
• Lead work with engineering teams to define data science driven requirement and solutions for major initiatives.
• Drive innovation of the statistical and machine learning methodologies and tools used by the team.
• Drive a data science culture that inspires and motivates the team to succeed.
• Advanced (Master or PhD) degree with specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or another quantitative field or equivalent.
• 7+ years of combined experience in data science in industry or research.
• 3+ years of experience managing a team.
• Expert level knowledge of statistical inference, advanced statistical learning, Bayesian analysis, and other areas of mathematical statistics.
• Ability to define the direction for a project and select appropriate methods and tools. Up to date knowledge of recent advancements.
• Good understanding of reinforcement learning algorithms.
• Experience implementing scalable and distributed data science systems using Google Cloud or similar platform.
• Experience with using data visualization tools and techniques to deliver business insights and value.
• Understanding of algorithmic complexity of model training and testing.
• Proficient in multiple analytics and programming languages such as R, Python, SAS, Julia, Java, Scala or similar.
• Experience in data processing using SQL and PySpark.
• Experience with multi-billion record datasets and leading projects that span the disciplines of data science and data engineering.
• Knowledge of enterprise-level digital analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.).
• Experience with television ratings and digital measurement tools (Nielsen, Rentrak, ComScore etc.).
• Experience building streaming data pipelines using Kafka, Spark, Flink etc.
• Experience with large-scale video assets.
• Ability to build trust across the organization and socialize solutions and identified data insights
• Pride and ownership in your work and confident representation of your team to other parts of NBCUniversal.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site