Director Of Strategic Planning
Redwood City, CA US
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry. And we aim to ensure that our benefits and compensation profiles fit our people – engaging, creative and smart.
EA’s Compensation team manages our core compensation programs and provides consultation to our HR partners and business leaders. We stay at the forefront of market trends and combine our knowledge of market practice with the unique needs of our business to create and maintain compelling, competitive, performance-oriented compensation programs that attract, engage, reward and retain EA’s talent.
We are looking for an accomplished Senior Compensation Analyst, reporting to EA’s Senior Director, Global Compensation based in Redwood Shores and partner with members of the global team on organizational and employee-level projects.
You are an experienced compensation professional and partner to the business, who can drive and support compensation programs and internal client relationships.
You will support the Global Compensation team in the management of our compensation programs. You will also partner or lead on key project activities and compensation initiatives within our annual global Compensation calendar, and manage ad-hoc and ongoing business needs and requests.
You will partner with experts from a team of HR Business Partners, HR IT, global Compensation team members, and HR Centers of Excellence (e.g. Talent Acquisition; Learning, Engagement & Performance; Workforce Planning & Analytics).
• Partner with the global compensation team and broader HR team in the development, implementation, operation and governance of compensation policies and programs to support EA’s business strategy.
• Build consultative and collaborative relationships with, and work closely with, HR and business managers to sustain compensation strategy within client organizations.
• Participate in global compensation programs, operating the relevant tools and processes.
• Develop compensation analytics and improve exposure and utilization of data and insights.
• Support the annual compensation planning event (salary increase, bonus payment and stock award planning and delivery).
• Analyze market positions and develop salary increase budgets.
• Participate in relevant compensation surveys, and other vendor-led external events / forums, for bench-marking purposes, and to stay informed about market trends and their potentially applicability to EA’s programs.
• Assess compensation outcomes such as pay gaps, short and long-term incentive provision, and equity participation, by department / location / employee demographics, to assess effectiveness, fairness, compliance
• Build and conduct compensation-related training and guidance materials to HR teams.
• Look for opportunities to improve processes and service levels.
We are looking for someone who is always learning, enjoys a challenge, and can step in and contribute immediately.
• Required: bachelor’s degree; ideally, in a quantitative or business-related field.
• Desirable: professional qualification in rewards / human resources.
• Progressive prior background as a Compensation Analyst within a dynamic company environment; or reward consulting firm.
• Excellent Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and data modeling / analytics capability.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, presentation and communication skills .
• Comfortable with managing multiple priorities.
• Solid client-facing experience in compensation programs (some or all of: job evaluation and bench-marking; grading / career level structures; base salary architecture design; short- and long-term incentives; equity programs; annual salary increase / bonus payment cycle).
• Influence and develop collaborative working relationships with multiple partners, including executives, line management, and peers.