Reporter - Race & Politics, Fivethirtyeight
New York, NY US
ABC News Digital has an opening for a dynamic Associate Producer, Live Programming who will be responsible for producing content for the ABC News Live channel. The ideal candidate is someone who is looking to tell truly compelling stories through video content with the most up to date information. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to update stories throughout the day. This producer must be able to generate ideas, source video, solid news judgment, and work under tight deadline pressure. As a key member of our team they will be heavily involved in breaking news and keeping all content fresh every hour.
• Produce a variety of news headlines with an hourly turn around
• Proactively work to help team identify and address problems quickly when they arise.
• Able work with on-air talent, from a producing/writing perspective
• Have a strong grounding and appreciation for the 24/7 digital rhythm of news; and be passionate and excited about the future of news.
• Form and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with people at various levels, both within ABC News and outside the company, when it comes to a variety of disciplines production
• Minimum of 3 years' experience producing in a digital or broadcast environment. Must have demonstrated experience shooting with handheld cameras and being comfortable in a control room environment.
• Prior video production experience in a fast-paced environment and an understanding of the current digital landscape of live streaming
• A willingness to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, overnights and weekends and thrive under daily deadline pressures
• BA or BS from a 4-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.