Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
WDSU has an opening for an experienced and dynamic News Director
with the talent, energy and leadership to lead our News department. The
successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, skilled communicator who leads
our team in the execution of market-leading breaking news, weather coverage and
community service on all platforms daily. With a unique format, a dedication to
hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to
join one of the best.
• Management of news department including editorial leadership of content on its multicast channel and digital platforms.
• Recruiting and leadership of news staff.
• Execution of contemporary news product on all platforms.
• Budget administration.
• Strategic planning in collaboration with other department heads on station initiatives
• 3-5 years of broadcast television newsroom management
• Proven track record of mentoring/coaching a news staff
• Ability to demonstrate how the candidate has improved news product at another broadcast television station
• Candidate must have a proven record of leadership and success with at least 3-5 years of managing a local news operation.
• Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
• Strong communication skills.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
WDSUHearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site